Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (serves 2)

best Creamy Peanut Butter Chiquita Banana Smoothie Recipe

This recipe is from www.chiquitabananas.com as is the picture above.

Ingredients:
  • 2 whole Chiquita Bananas, frozen, peeled and sliced
  • 1 (6-oz.) carton non-fat Vanilla yogurt
  • 1/3 cup creamy Peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup non-fat Milk
Instructions:

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. The yield is about 24 ounces, enough for 12 ounces per person.

My Notes:
I put the bananas into the freezer and froze them thinking I would peel and slice them afterwards. Well, that didn't work so well! I couldn't peel them when they were frozen. So, I decided to let them thaw on the counter. This also did NOT work. They turned to mush inside their peels! So, when I try this again, I should peel, slice, THEN freeze and see how that goes.

Also, the tangyness (is that a word?) of the yogurt really comes through in the finished product. So, if you like that, keep it. However, I'm not that fond of it. So, when I try this again, I will substitute the 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt for 6 ounces of vanilla pudding and see what that tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment