Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dessert: Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie (Vegan, except for the chocolate chips)

chocolate chip cookie pie

This recipe is from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com as is the picture above.

I know I'm supposed to be using my cookbooks, but I am archiving the recipes I've tried from Pinterest before I forget. Cookbook recipes to come!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (500g total, once drained)
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 T canola oil
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions:

Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a food processor. Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 10-inch springform pan, but you can use a smaller pan if you want a really deep-dish pie.) Cook at 350F for around 35 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

My Notes:
I really liked this dessert. My husband could not tell there were garbanzo beans in it! I might try white beans next time just to see what they are like.

I had a tough time making this recipe because my food processor was not big enough PLUS I discovered that it was broken - the blade wouldn't turn! Grr. I was already committed to making the dessert, so I improvised. I won't make this dessert again until I get a good food processor. Since this project is about culling my kitchen stuff, that won't be until after our move.

The dessert was a touch dry. So, adding a small scoop of vanilla ice cream as shown in the picture above is a great idea to up the moistness.

No comments:

Post a Comment